Elite Summer Training Program
Half Day Camps with Jake Gushue and Gushue Athletic Development
We are proud to be teaming up with Gushue Athletic Development for an Elite Summer Training Program. The Half Day Camps will consist of three hours of training per day. Each day will consist of an hour of on-ice training, an hour of synthetic ice shooting and stickhandling, and an hour of dryland strength and conditioning. There will be 15 minutes in between each rotation to give players time to get ready for their next working session. The camps will be located at the Academy Rink where we can fully utilize the ice, synthetic, and gym. Each group is limited to five players with one highly qualified coach per group.
Age Groups: U11-Atom, U13-Peewee, & U15/U16 -Bantam
- Skating – Stride, edgework, and agility
- Puck Control and Stick Handling – Efficient and deceptive puck moves and control.
- Positional Skills – Specific skills for each player’s position. Offensive dekes and dangles. Defensive plays and deceptive and efficient footwork and moves walking the line.
- Battles and Competes – Working on body positioning, competing in tight both defensively and offensively.
- Shooting – Technique, quick releases and changing the angle in stride
- Stick Handling – Quick hands, deceptive moves and in tight net front dekes.
Off-Ice Strength and Conditioning:
- Strength – Building pure strength and developing hockey specific muscles.
- Explosiveness – Transferring strength into explosiveness. Working on the first three steps and quick acceleration.
- Speed – Working on top end speed. Developing quick feet with efficient foot work.
- Endurance – Building long lasting muscle and cardio vascular endurance. Feel fresh in the third period.
**Each player will also receive a custom workout program to continue during the remainder of the off season and during in season.
5-Day Camp – $695.00 – Academy Rink
|Week 1||July 18-22||Morning Session||8:00-11:30 am|
|Week 1||July 18-22||Afternoon Session||11:45 am-3:15 pm|
|Week 2||July 25-29||Morning Session||8:00-11:30 am|
|Week 2||July 25-29||Afternoon Session||11:45 am-3:15 pm|
|Week 3||August 1-5||Morning Session||10:00 am-1:30 pm|
|Week 3||August 1-5||Afternoon Session||4:00-7:30 pm|
|Week 4||August 8-12||Morning Session||10:00 am-1:30 pm|
|Week 4||August 8-12||Afternoon Session||4:00-7:30 pm|
|Week 5||August 15-19||Morning Session||10:00 am-1:30 pm|
|Week 5||August 15-19||Afternoon Session||4:00-7:30 pm|
All-In-One Summer Training with Team RCHD
Half Day Camps at the Academy Rink
Ryan Carignan Hockey Development is excited to announce their team is expanding with the addition of half day camps to RCHD. Join us at NHTC Academy where RCHD will help you take your training to the next level. Working with top level coaches, athletes will receive 1 hour of on-ice training, 1 hour of shooting development on synthetic ice, and 1 hour of strength training and yoga. Our three-pronged approach ensures balanced and efficient training while providing kids with mindset development to perform at the top of their game.
SKILLS FOCUS (On-Ice)
- Skills: shooting, stick handling, passing,
- Skating: edgework, transitions, explosive power, agility
- Gameplay: attack triangles, deception, positioning, decision making
SHOOTING FOCUS (Synthetic)
- Wrist shots (arm & wrist strength, weight transfer)
- Backhands (mechanics & deception)
- Slap shot (full body movement)
- Snap shot (quick release)
- One Timer (hand/eye coordination, positioning)
YOGA: STRENGTH & FLEXIBILITY FOCUS
- Targeted muscle development to improve speed and explosive power
- Improved balance for efficient transitions and weight transfer
- Increased flexibility and range of motion (open hips)
- Mindset training to help maintain focus under pressure
5-Day Camp – $695.00 – Academy Rink
|Age U9||July 11-15||8:30 am-12:00 pm|
|Age U9||August 29-September 2||8:30 am-12:00 pm|
|Age U11||July 11-15||8:30 am-12:00 pm|
|Age U11||August 29-September 2||8:30 am-12:00 pm|
|Age U13||July 11-15||8:30 am-12:00 pm|
|Age U13||August 29-September 2||8:30 am-12:00 pm|